Financial Analyst I
The Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will provide a key supporting role in reporting and planning efforts across the company’s business units, with a focus on gathering and reconciling large sets of data from multiple systems, analyzing trends, and providing insightful summaries to help guide business decisions. This position will provide support for the broader FP&A team and will have responsibility for updating regular reports, developing ad hoc analyses, and supporting budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning that is led by the FP&A team. As this team member will be instrumental in preparing quantitative analyses, strong intellectual curiosity and keen attention to detail will be key attributes of a successful candidate.
This position is located in the Boston headquarters but will be fully remote for an interim period.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams across the organization to support forecasting and the evaluation of strategic business decisions.
- Investigate and analyze variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis across a variety of revenue and expense categories.
- Contribute to the annual budget process alongside other team members and stakeholders across the organization.
- Participate in the development of monthly, quarterly, annual, and multi-year financial forecasts, typically working with team members to understand and test key forecast assumptions and run alternate scenarios.
- Collaborate with the accounting/GL team to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded.
- Work with business, finance, and IT partners to help streamline data preparation and reporting.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of reporting systems and processes.
- Prepare and evolve, as appropriate, templates and presentations for weekly, monthly, and annual reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- Finance experience of up to 2 years, with strong knowledge of Excel or other analytical software.
- Prior experience related to financial reporting, modeling, and corporate budgeting.
- Strong organization skills with experience explaining or presenting complex quantitative analyses, with an ability to see projects to completion and ensure accuracy and precision.
- High motivation with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience working in an agile, entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with Adaptive Insights for forecasting/budgeting and NetSuite financials is a plus.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.