Senior Account Director, Sales
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
As the role that local media plays becomes more important than ever, the Boston Globe is looking for a strategic, results driven enterprise sales director to sell our full suite of multimedia advertising products to fund our great journalism.
As a mission-driven media company, the Globe has reinvented its advertising business by focusing on media campaigns that have highlighted both our clients' brand mission and their commitment to those in the community. In the face of an onslaught from the pandemic and the social platforms. we doubled our subscriber base, gaining more loyalty and engagement than ever, and created some of our best content campaigns with many recognized brands. We were fortunate enough to work with many new brands, that understood the importance of local media, community and mission driven storytelling.
This is a pivotal role that will help support our great journalism. As a member of the enterprise team, you will be responsible for breaking new business. Using your industry expertise and consultative selling skills, you’ll partner with brands to help build meaningful advertising solutions across our full suite of digital, programmatic, audio, events, print, branded content and social products. A true strategic seller, and prospecting whiz, who can break new business and manage accounts to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Prospect new business and generate a large volume of RFP’s
- Provide best in class customer service
- Collaborate across departments to build creative meaningful marketing solutions for our clients
- Establish a deep understanding of Boston Globe’s products, ideate strategic solutions based on client needs, and put together proposal responses
- Outstanding communication, questioning, listening and relationship-building skills
- Creative problem solver
- 5+ years experience in digital media sales required
- Deep understanding of the digital media and ad tech landscape
- Proven success in growing a book of business
- Ability to collaborate with product teams
- Has a willingness to adapt, be audience-focused with a curious mindset and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.