Boston Globe Today - Video Content Producer
Become one of the first video content producers for Boston Globe Today, a daily, Boston Globe-branded show on the NESN360 service and linear channel. Work with the team to prepare the program for daily delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for producing and editing multiple segments (interviews, straight-to-camera shoots) per week
• Edit 5-8 minute segments for daily show, including providing any/all graphics and b-roll
• QC and deliver segments to relevant platforms, including linear Master Control, Boston Globe website and NESN 360 app
• Create daily clips of segments for delivery to reporters, interview subjects, publicists, social media, etc.
• Share responsibility of editing special projects (“Best-Of” shows, themed-shows, specials, etc)
• Consistently pitch story, segments and/or series ideas
• Book and work with guests/reporters on interview preparation
• Write Host pre-production packet for each interview
• Collaborate with host prior to interviews
• Paper edit segment for editor, provide notes on “finished” segment before it goes to Executive Producer for quality control
• Create list and help source assets
• Cultivate relationships with reporters/editors in the newsroom
• Create (in collaboration with Host) Newsletter content and text
• Share in writing headline segment
• Field produce stories if/when possible and as-needed
• 5+ years news segment producer/editor experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere, Media Encoder, and Photoshop
• Attention to detail as well as general understanding of post production and social media delivery best practices
• Able to work with people and collaborate
• Knowledge of ENPS will be vital to the role (can be trained)
• Excellent written, verbal communication organizational skills are required
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
• Attention to detail as well as general understanding of post-production and social media delivery best practices
• Flexible approach to work and a disciplined ethic; weekend work, late nights or early mornings may be required occasionally
• Comfort multi-tasking across projects and strong communication skills. Success in the job will rely on candidate’s ability to keep multiple parties updated on progress across several things at one time
• Comfort working on deadline
• Experience working at a news organization
The Boston Globe and NESN are proud to be diverse and inclusive employers. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.