Junior Product Manager, BostonGlobe.com
The Junior Product Manager will join a team responsible for maintaining and optimizing Boston Globe Media’s digital product portfolio, specifically BostonGlobe.com. The role will work closely with a tightly-knit, cross-disciplinary group of product managers, designers, developers, as well as key stakeholders to deliver products and experiences that support internal tools, editorial workflow, and drive user engagement and report into the Globe.com Product Manager. The main focus of this position is growing and enhancing editorial tools, including the company’s CMS.
We are looking for a positive, flexible self-starter with a passion for the media and news industry. This person must be able to manage ambiguity and many points of view.
- Work with management, editorial, and product stakeholders to identify product opportunities; support the building, prioritizing, and executing of your team’s roadmap and backlog; communicate updates to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team (front- and back-end developers, as well as VX and UX designers, project managers, QA, etc.) in delivering quality products while balancing user experience, editorial workflows, technical capabilities, and business goals.
- Be an internal subject-matter expert on relevant digital products and our online business models.
- Manage individual projects to successful completion.
- Work with data analysts to set and monitor product KPIs and provide recommendations based on results; monitor, measure, and report on the performance and impact of product enhancements.
- Document product requirements with clear feature specifications, and draft end-user documentation.
- Troubleshoot site issues raised by users and stakeholders to help ensure their resolution. Document and prioritize bugs.
- Follow the team's agile tools and practices.
- Stay apprised of industry trends and best practices.
- College degree required.
- 2+ years experience in a digital product management role.
- Curiosity and passion. Interested in our business, our products, our industry, and always trying to learn more and make our company better.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Enjoys collaboration and working as part of a team. Able to build consensus and buy-in by effectively communicating strategic vision and value. Also able to clearly and concisely communicate technical, operational, and business requirements.
- Bias toward action and delivering value. Able to work through ambiguity to create focus and executable tasks. Organized and able to manage many competing priorities simultaneously. Proactive with high attention to detail, the ability to establish goals, prioritize activities, and follow-through to completion. Experience with agile frameworks such as Scrum a plus.
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills. Experience with WordPress, or the Washington Post’s Arc platform a plus. Comfortable learning about new technology.
- Comfortable requesting and interpreting data. Omniture experience a plus
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.