Weekend Editor (freelance), Boston.com
Boston.com is seeking a Weekend Editor who will help to drive coverage in line with our core editorial mission: What Boston really cares about right now.
The Weekend Editor(s) will cover editing shifts from 5-11 p.m. Friday; 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; and 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday to supplement our newsroom staffing. This is a freelance, work-remote position. Fill-in hours may also be available on occasion.
• Assign and edit stories from staff reporters and freelancers.
• Monitor what’s happening in the Boston region and package wire content across the site’s news, sports, weather, and lifestyle sections.
• Manage platforms such as the homepage, push alerts, newsletters, and social media.
• Occasionally report, write, and/or produce breaking news stories such as our daily coronavirus data posts and winter storm coverage.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
• 2 years spent writing and/or editing, preferably focused on the Boston region.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.