The Product Manager will join a team responsible for maintaining and optimizing Boston Globe Media’s digital product portfolio, including BostonGlobe.com and Boston.com. The role will work closely with a tightly-knit, cross-disciplinary group of product managers, designers, developers, as well as key stakeholders to deliver products and experiences that support internal tools, editorial workflow, and drive user engagement and revenue.
- Work with management, editorial, and product stakeholders to identify product opportunities; support the building, prioritizing, and executing of your team’s roadmap and backlog; communicate updates to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team (front- and back-end developers, as well as VX and UX designers, project managers, QA, etc.) in delivering quality products while balancing user experience, editorial workflows, technical capabilities, and business goals.
- Be an internal subject-matter expert on relevant digital products and our online business models.
- Manage individual projects to successful completion.
- Work with data analysts to set and monitor product KPIs and provide recommendations based on results; monitor, measure, and report on the performance and impact of product enhancements.
- Document product requirements with clear feature specifications, and draft end-user documentation.
- Troubleshoot site issues raised by users and stakeholders to help ensure their resolution. Document and prioritize bugs.
- Negotiate and manage relationships with current and potential vendors.
- Follow team’s agile tools and practices.
- Stay apprised of industry trends and best practices.
- College degree required.
- 2+ years experience in a digital product role.
- Curiosity and passion. Interested in our business, our products, our industry, and always trying to learn more and make our company better.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Enjoys collaboration and working as part of a team. Able to build consensus and buy-in by effectively communicating strategic vision and value. Also able to clearly and concisely communicate technical, operational, and business requirements.
- Bias toward action and delivering value. Able to work through ambiguity to create focus and executable tasks. Organized and able to manage many competing priorities simultaneously. Proactive with high attention to detail, the ability to establish goals, prioritize activities, and follow-through to completion. Experience with agile frameworks such as Scrum a plus.
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills. Experience with Wordpress preferred. Comfortable learning about new technology. Comfortable requesting and interpreting data; Omniture experience strongly preferred.