Director of Digital Revenue Operations
Boston Globe Media connects communities, ideas, and causes through powerful journalism, innovative integrated advertising solutions, and multimedia experiences. Our brands include The Boston Globe, Boston.com, Globe Magazine, Studio/B, STAT and BG Experiential. Help us shape its important future and join New England’s leading media organization.
The Director of Revenue Operations is responsible for the success and leadership of the Digital Revenue Operations department. Broadly speaking they are responsible for the strategy, processes and technologies tied to digital revenue operations; including trafficking/ad operations, pricing, advertising analytics, programmatic revenue and first party data. They are responsible for ensuring that the strategy, workflow and personnel within these teams are aligned with the overall vision and mission of the advertising department and organization as a whole.
- Management, oversight, support and the strategic vision of all of the key responsibilities of the Digital Revenue Operations department including:
- Revenue Operations
- Pricing and rate card management
- Media tree management
- Media/advertising analytics
- Billing reconciliation
- Rate integrity and contract approvals
- Campaign Management
- Order entry and IO generation
- Trafficking, optimization and reporting on all direct sold digital campaigns
- Programmatic Revenue
- Develop and implement the strategy behind all advertising technology and programmatic revenue streams
- Work with finance to develop and hit revenue targets for all programmatic revenue streams
- Optimization & management of all programmatic display streams including header bidding, server to server, AdX etc.
- PMP onboarding and management
- Revenue Operations
- Hands on driver of all key initiatives within the department
- Management of internal budgets and expenses for the Digital Revenue Operations department
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer on developing revenue, pricing and data strategies to further the objectives of the advertising department
- 10+ years of advertising operations and/or media experience
- Experience with ad serving technologies such as Google Ad Manager, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, Google AdX and others
- Proven leader who has led teams and departments to hit objectives and company goals
- Proven success driving revenue in the programmatic advertising space
- Publisher experience a plus
- Experience with analytics and data visualization tools
- Success developing and driving audience data strategy and insights as well as experience with Data Management Platforms.
- Must possess strong business acumen, management skills and analytical thinking to successfully drive innovation within the department
- Strong communicator who can facilitate synergy between sales, Ad Ops & Rev Ops
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.