STAT, the leading health and medicine publication, is looking for a hard-charging reporter to join its fast-growing coverage at the forefront of health technology. The ideal candidate would have a deep interest in health or technology journalism, a sharp eye for what’s around the curve, and the ability to cut through the billion-dollar buzzwords to give readers a clear picture of what matters. Our top priority is a talented, energetic reporter who’s eager to hit the ground running and deliver authoritative insights on the industry, its hurdles, and where it’s headed next.
- Tell smart, compelling stories on the intersection of health, scientific research and technology. Illuminate industry-wide shifts and explore the business strategies of tech giants, health care titans, and startups.
- Examine the research underlying new technologies, and dig into issues of bias, access, and adoption. Cultivate sources at technology and health care companies to write enterprise and investigative stories
- Be a key player on a top-notch team producing deep and vital reporting of the health tech industry, a rapidly evolving area of medicine attracting billions of dollars of investment from the world’s biggest companies.
- Contribute to our STAT Health Tech newsletter and other newsletters. Play a role in helping organize and moderate STAT events related to health tech.
- A versatile writer prepared to dive in on a wide range of stories — not only breaking news and quick-turn analytical pieces, but also insightful and unexpected features.
- A self-starter when it comes to stories, but also collaborative in nature. STAT is a start-up with a tight-knit, all-hands-on-deck culture and a strong team dynamic.
- Committed to excellence in your reporting.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
The fine print:
- STAT is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
- While the location of this position is flexible, occasional travel is likely once the pandemic subsides. That would include trips to STAT’s headquarters in Boston and travel to other cities for reporting purposes.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and links to up to five clips that showcase your reporting attached to your resume or following your cover letter.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.