Senior Mobile App Developer - Tech Lead
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
Boston Globe Media is hiring a Mobile Application Tech Lead. In this role you will have oversight for our mobile applications, along with the roadmap. This is a hands on technical role that will work collaboratively with product management and stakeholders to shape our overall mobile strategy and then bring it to life. As part of the role you will also partner with the newsroom's mobile editor to drive optimizations and new features.
What you will do:
- Live and breathe making our mobile app experience great for our customers.
- Enhance our existing mobile app features and build completely new mobile experiences.
- Collaborate with other engineers on data feeds and API’s that power our apps.
- Work with Product Management to define the mobile product roadmap.
- Partner with the newsrooms Mobile application Editor.
- Work in an agile environment with two week sprint cycles with frequent releases.
- Release features via the Apple Store and Google Play
- Lead, mentor, and manage an additional contractor or offshore mobile app developer.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience of native mobile application development experience.
- Deep understanding of Swift and Objective-C for iOS apps
- Experience using Kotlin, Java, RxJava, Dagger, Flux/reactive or other Android technologies
- Familiar with setting up and working in a continuous integration and development environment using GitHub, CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, or other related technologies.
- A highly collaborative individual that is committed to hitting goals.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and that can suggest and is willing to try new things.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.