Boston Globe Media is seeking an Analyst who will be an integral part of the Digital Analytics
team, which primarily focuses on the Boston Globe and Boston.com digital properties. The team
is responsible for providing analysis and strategy recommendations to inform and measure
business decisions that increase digital subscription revenue and advertising revenue.
This position will report to the Manager of Digital Analytics.
● Manage recurring reporting: Design and deliver weekly/monthly reports – audience
profiles, performance dashboards and provide guidance to aid decision making for
functional teams (Marketing, Product, Sales, Editorial). Reporting includes web, mobile
apps and competitive data.
● Answer ad hoc requests: Respond to ad hoc data requests including information on site
and app traffic, readers’ online behavior, and site performance.
● Provide input on project KPIs: Determine the proper measures of success, and provide
data readouts and recommendations on web projects.
● Collaborate with various teams: Work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales and Editorial
to drive decisions that align with business goals while optimizing user experience by
providing key audience insights.
● Contribute to strategy: Provide insight into audience behavior in order to drive site updates
and initiatives that increase digital subscription revenue and/or advertising revenue.
● Support testing initiatives: Work with Marketing to design and track A/B and multivariate
● Assist with tracking plans and QA: Work with members of the Analytics and Development
teams to evaluate placement of tags on the websites/mobile apps and assist in QA.
Ensure ongoing data quality and help identify and investigate any potential data issues.
● 2-4+ years of experience but strong entry-level candidates and those with comparable
course work considered
● Solid knowledge of or desire to master web analytics tools and deliver data analysis is
● Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in economics, math or statistics, computer science or
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
● Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
● Highly motivated to excel with minimal supervision
● Intellectual curiosity
● Fluency with Microsoft Office
● Proficiency with reporting/analytics tools, particularly Adobe Analytics, is strongly
preferred; experience with Mobile Apps, Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics,
ComScore, or Tableau a plus
● A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a
commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity
employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.