STAT (https://www.statnews.com/) is a leading, national, online media publication reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. At almost four years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing it’s national reputation.
Our premium content offering, STAT Plus (https://www.statnews.com/stat-plus/), provides access to exclusive, in-depth coverage on early science and clinical trials, pharma and biotech news on Wall Street, policy developments in Washington, and disruption in health care in Silicon Valley and beyond. The subscription also includes exclusive access to events, panel discussions, and much more.
We are seeking a driven, dynamic and results-oriented individual with an interest in sales, digital marketing, and account management, to join our business team as a Business Development Associate, and to help get every institution in the world subscribed to STAT Plus. This entry-level position will report primarily to the Group Subscriptions & Licensing Executive and will provide support to the subscriptions marketing, advertising, and editorial teams.
- Research, identify, contact, and qualify prospective institutions, and outline why access to STAT Plus will support their business objectives.
- Initially, schedule meetings for the Group Subscriptions & Licensing executive, and participate on client calls to better understand the entire sales process.
- Coordinate meeting/call logistics and prepare marketing and sales materials.
- Develop, update, and maintain an active pipeline of contacts and accounts, and work with the Group Subscriptions & Licensing executive to convert opportunities.
- Meet aggressive goals regarding outbound communications, meetings booked, and deals closed.
- Continually optimize outbound prospecting strategies.
- Ultimately, independently manage prospects and accounts of increasing size, and take on additional new projects and accounts as the business evolves.
- Work with STAT Plus marketing on lead generation strategies and messaging.
- Support with account management and growth for all new and existing business.
- Provide STAT Plus customer service support, and surface key feedback to the Editorial and Product team for how the STAT Plus offerings can continue to evolve to meet the needs of our subscribers.
- Work in partnership with numerous departments such as Ad Marketing, Subscription Marketing, Finance, and Editorial to understand the product and our financial goals.
- Actively participate in internal team discussions and manage internal task assignments.
- BA/BS degree.
- 1-2 years of professional or relevant internship experience, ideally with experience in sales, marketing, or account management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an attention to detail. Your would-be boss is a stickler for grammar mistakes.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual performance goals.
- Problem solver who works well with a team, and embraces opportunities to learn from colleagues.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple, evolving projects with competing priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to quickly learn and use HubSpot and other marketing and sales platforms
Bonus Points if You…
- Are personable! Sales is only fun if you like people, and people like you.
- Are excited by the prospect of helping grow a business exponentially.
- Have an interest in biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience with digital advertising, or digital media subscriptions, or both.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.