Senior Manager, Brand and Inclusion Marketing
Boston Globe Media Partners is seeking a Senior Manager, Brand and Inclusion Marketing to join our Marketing organization. In this newly created role, you will be a key member of the team driving strategy, ideation and execution of campaigns in support of BGMP brand, subscriber acquisition, newsroom initiatives and special events (live and virtual). Additionally, you will lead the development and delivery of an omnichannel marketing strategy designed to grow diverse audiences and multicultural subscriber communities.
The position reports to the Director, Brand Marketing and Community. You will also partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to devise new, innovative, and engaging ways to reach multicultural audiences and support BGM’s deep commitment to DEI.
- Manage day-to-day campaign management
- Create and track project/campaign briefs, budget, media allocation and strategy
- Provide strategic guidance on campaign concepts and execution from start to finish
- Manage external agencies in development of high-impact campaigns
- Liaise with various internal departments (Branding, Newsroom, Legal/Business Affairs, Corporate Communications, Ad Sales and Events) to ensure cohesive collaboration and promotional plans are executed in an efficient and timely manner
- Identify and create programs with community organizations to support multicultural strategies and BGM awareness
- 7+ years’ experience in brand marketing or multicultural marketing, preferably in media
- Passionate about DEI and multicultural strategy
- Solid understanding of paid omnichannel media landscape, particularly digital and social
- Experience in using research, insights and data to drive and iterate on marketing campaigns
- Experience working cross-functionally (consumer revenue, newsroom, technology, PR etc.)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Very collaborative
- A curious and creative self-starter
- Highly organized and strategic, yet agile and attentive to detail
- Positive energy and pleasant demeanor
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficient in Power Point, Word and Excel
- Subscription marketing experience a plus
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.