Marketing Manager, Demand Generation
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing its national and international reputation.
We’re seeking a driven, dynamic, and results-oriented individual with an interest in demand and lead generation marketing to join our business team. This position will report to the Executive Director of Marketing & Sponsorships and will work across digital marketing channels to support the advertising sales team. They will be primarily focused on upper-funnel awareness, demand generation, lead generation, and lead nurturing of advertising clients.
Someone who will thrive in this role:
- Is results-driven and self-starting.
- Is an excellent copywriter and a grammarian at heart.
- Is organized and has keen attention to detail.
- Can manage multiple, overlapping timelines and projects.
- Has experience with lead scoring and working with CRM & digital marketing/sales platforms such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Marketo, etc.
- Thrives on generating new leads and advancing existing opportunities for the sales team.
- Works well with a team, embraces opportunities to learn from colleagues, and is comfortable wearing the ‘many different hats’ that a role in marketing requires.
Your role will encompass the following:
- Building awareness of advertising products to our database of customers and prospects.
- Generating new marketing qualified leads for the Advertising Sales team.
- Working with the Ad Sales team to identify and build high-value contact lists, design, and execute account-based marketing efforts against target accounts.
- Creating the marketing assets needed to achieve these marketing strategies.
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Email campaigns
- Paid social media campaigns
- Web blog posts
- Native and display ads
- Automated sales workflows
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing and improving upon an online content marketing hub to generate new prospects.
- Creating, managing, and keeping up-to-date upper-funnel sales/marketing materials, including general presentations, media kit, sell sheets, custom research, etc.
- Building metrics reports for the Marketing, Sales, & Product teams to identify areas of opportunity and growth for the business.
- Working with Ad Sales, Marketing, and Product to strategize on and implement improvements on the sales process.
- BA/BS degree required
- 4-6 years of professional experience
- Experience with and awareness of marketing automation platforms, products, and tools
- B2B marketing experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ambitious, strong ability to manage and complete projects independently
- Creative, detail-oriented, and organized
- Ability to quickly learn and use new digital marketing platforms including but not limited to Hubspot Marketing and Sales hubs, Adobe Omniture, and WordPress.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience-focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.