Overnight Producer, Express Desk
The Boston Globe is hiring an overnight Web producer for its Express Desk. We’re looking for someone with a wealth of energy and ideas who wants to join the all-star team behind some of the most distinctive journalism we produce here at the Globe.
The producer will handle the Globe’s publishing on digital platforms during the late night and early morning hours, covering all manner of breaking news and ensuring a compelling digital report for our morning readership.
We prize versatility in our digital editors: We need someone who can write, edit, and bend even the most stubborn CMS to their will.
- Possesses expert news judgment and feels comfortable making major news decisions independently.
- Writes phenomenal headlines and has a knack for distilling complicated concepts into a handful of clear, crisp words.
- Has deep experience publishing to digital platforms, whether it’s your site’s homepage, social media accounts, newsletters, alerts, or another avenue through which readers travel.
- Is capable of writing stories with minimal supervision on a wide range of topics with creativity, depth, and flair.
- Is fluent in audience analytics -- not only how to interpret them, but also how to use them as a tool to make decisions.
- Thrives as part of a group setting, juggling multiple tasks at once and collaborating with your colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Shows creativity. You constantly think about unorthodox ways to tell stories and convey the news to people. You thrive being at the cutting edge of technology and journalism, and want to help push this industry into the future.
- At least 1-3 years of experience as a journalist
- Excellent headline writer
- Able to backread stories for errors and clarity
- Able to produce clean, informative copy quickly and on deadline
- Familiar with sourcing and journalistic standards
- Facility with using and learning new content management systems
- Skilled at multitasking and juggling multiple, fast-moving storylines at once
- Experienced with social media and other alternate platforms
- A team player who thrives working in a group setting
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This position will start as a remote position but, following the office’s 2022 reopening plan, will be located in the Boston headquarters.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.