- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Boston Globe Media is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to work with a talented team of Developers, Product Managers, QA Engineers, and Project Managers to develop and maintain new initiatives for the Boston Globe Media. The focus will be on the implementation of QA automation across all our digital products. This person should be a self-starter, curious to understand the business but with the ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Work with Tech Leads, DevOps engineers, and QA Engineers to implement and maintain automated testing frameworks for Boston Globe Media properties such as BostonGlobe.com and Boston.com.
- Gain a solid understanding of the team’s roadmap(s) and reasoning behind priorities
- Review business requirements and acceptance criteria and turn them into automated test plans and test cases
- In addition to writing automated test cases, automate the spinning up of relevant QA test data for development branches.
- Execute tests in the context of sprints, including accurately story pointing QA effort.
- Gain working knowledge of how the business works and the processes involved with running it.
- Learn, at a detailed level, the user experience and backend processes for which the team(s) is/are responsible.
- Perform quality testing in a timely fashion
- Be willing to jump in to help with manual testing from time to time.
- Provide clear and concise feedback in the form of bug reports and communication to developers in Slack
- 5+ years of experience testing websites, mobile apps, web applications and content management systems
- 2-3 years writing automated UI tests using tools like Selenium and Cypress
- Experience setting up automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Experience with the agile development process
- Experience with testing systems on different platforms and operating systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a timeline driven environment and adapt to various depths of QA depending on timing
- Ability to prioritize and pivot focus based on business needs and severity of issue
- Willingness to adapt, be audience focused with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
- Knowledge/experience working with media companies
- Experience with REST API testing
*This job is currently remote due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, but will be based out of Boston with a requirement to be in office when it reopens.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.