Reporter, Express Desk
The Boston Globe is hiring a reporter for its Express Desk. We’re looking for someone with a wealth of energy and ideas who wants to join the all-star team behind some of the most distinctive journalism we produce here at the Globe.
The ideal candidate is a versatile reporter with a high metabolism, someone who can write about a wide range of subjects with depth, creativity, and flair. A few other qualities that would make you a good fit for this position:
- You’re creative and enterprising. You see fresh angles to storylines everywhere, you’re a master at cultivating sources and sniffing out leads, and you’re a newshound who still gets a rush when you beat the competition.
- You can handle the most important, sensitive stories we cover here at the Globe, but you’re also not beyond rolling up your sleeves and spinning an incredulous yarn filled with humor and mirth.
- You’re cool under the tightest deadlines, but you also know when not to rush a story, because taking an extra day can make the difference between a good story and a great one. You’re not afraid of analytics, but you’re also not defined by them, and you always trust your instincts on a good story.
- Finally, you’re a collaborative reporter who likes being part of a team.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your cover letter and resume. We’d love to chat.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a journalist at a major market or publication
- Ability to write clean, compelling copy on deadline
- A skilled writer who can elevate good stories into great ones
- Experience with digital production, analytics, and social media
- Be adaptable and enterprising, someone who brings their own ideas to the table
- A team player who thrives in a group setting
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This position is a union position covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Boston Newspaper Guild.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.