General Assignment Reporter
The Boston Globe News Department is hiring a high-level general assignment reporter who can
report write with flair about anything and everything. We want someone who can elevate stories
onto the front page and the top of the Globe.com homepage. We are looking for a reporter
curious about all facets of the community: politics, education, neighborhood life, and more. We
want someone who can generate stories and take assignments, turning them around swiftly
The ideal candidate is a versatile and fearless reporter with a high metabolism, someone who
can write with depth, creativity, and flair. A few other qualities that would make you a good fit for
- You’re creative and enterprising. You see fresh angles to storylines everywhere. You’re a master at cultivating sources.
- You can handle the most important, sensitive stories the Globe covers.
- You can write quickly and nimbly on deadline.
- You’re a collaborative reporter who likes being part of a team.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a journalist at a major market or publication
- Ability to write clean, compelling copy on deadline
- A skilled writer who can elevate good stories into great ones
- Adaptable and enterprising
- A team player who thrives in a group setting
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This position is a union position covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the
Boston Newspaper Guild.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.