The Operations Supervisor works with Boston Globe Media Partners employees to keep all departments and office spaces running smoothly. This position requires a passion for internal company satisfaction, a desire to continually tackle new challenges interacting with a variety of teams and colleagues with professionalism and integrity. As part of our dynamic environment, you will feel a sense of accomplishment as you develop your interpersonal and administrative skills, as well as see your efforts contribute to meeting the needs of our organization. This position will work directly with the Building Operations Manager in maintaining day to day office functions.
- Work directly with Building Operations Manager to ensure facility operations run smoothly
- Building Maintenance/Service Requests - place various work orders for repairs or event related tasks using Building Engines property management software
- Review all film crew requests and coordinate media access with building management and security
- External Guests/Building Security - register external visitors coming to the Boston Globe via the main lobby, parking garage, freight elevator using property management software
- Liaise with the BGMP Rhode Island and Washington DC offices
- Maintain and keep current the BGMP Exchange Place seating chart
- Oversee and supply the POINT department information for the Operations team
- Staff the reception desk 15-20 hours. Along with coverage for vacation or sick days when the Office Manager is not present
- Accept mail deliveries throughout the day and disperse in mail room as needed
- Track and restock supply rooms, copy rooms and kitchens
- Process incoming and outgoing USPS, FedEx and UPS mail
- Provide assistance in booking Conference Room space for staff meetings and events as needed
- Assist in the ordering of office supplies for kitchens, stock cabinets and copy rooms via WB Mason, etc.
- Assist in Safety Committee matters as needed
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred
- Three to five years of demonstrated work experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating several projects at one time
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a poised and professional demeanor
- A strong focus on detail and accuracy of work with the ability to take on full ownership of assigned work
- Flexibility: able to adapt to different people and work assignments
- Strong interpersonal and project/time management skills
- Working knowledge of Google suite, Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- This is an in-person position with several required weekends throughout the year. This position requires you to be on your feet for a portion of the day and includes some lifting of heavy packages (max 30lbs.) and moving of furniture items
We require that all BGM employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGM employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
At Boston Globe Media, our mission is to empower, connect, and convene our communities with independent, trusted journalism and storytelling. We know a critical part to achieve this is by having a workforce that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive - like the communities we serve. Boston Globe Media is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills.