Customer Service Advocate- Part Time
- Taunton, MA
- Part Time
- Entry Level
The Boston Globe is looking for a talented individual to join our new and exciting Customer Success Team. As a member of this team, you will play a crucial role in continuing to deliver a Best-In-Class experience to our Boston Globe customer population. We encourage quick thinkers, good communicators, and individuals who are willing to learn as part of this dynamic team to apply. The ideal candidate for these roles will have a passion and commitment to being courteous as well as a strong work ethic.
This team operates within the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday thru Friday and 8 am to 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Effectively communicate with customers via telephone (inbound and outbound) and email
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our products (The Boston Globe, BostonGlobe.com, and Boston.com)
- Be able to retain customers with ongoing delivery issues and/or customers coming off a promotional rate
- Coordinate with internal resources to troubleshoot and solve customer issues
- Provide accurate and timely information to our customers
- Make use of internal tools for documenting customer interactions and feedback
- Actively participate in ongoing team and individual training
- Regularly contribute to process improvements
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience with the following support channels: telephone, email, or chat (telephone is a must)
- Warm, positive, and helpful demeanor with customers
- Excellent listening skills to efficiently solve problems during first contact or follow-up until the issue is resolved
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (Quick Thinker)
- Strong computer skills: web, email, data entry, and Google Drive programs (Gmail, Docs, Sheets), knowledge of ZenDesk a plus
- Above average written communication skills; specifically for email
- High school diploma
- Associate's Degree or college-level coursework a big plus
Location: Currently Remote but will be in Taunton, MA as of May 2022. Training will be in Taunton for up to 7 days. In accordance to company policy we will be remote Mondays and Fridays.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.