STAT - Sr Sales Executive, Advertising and Event Sponsorships
In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products. STAT is based in Boston and is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
We have grown significantly over the past years- from our readers to our journalists, and are looking to add to our business team with an advertising and events sales professional. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, growing media brand in an expanding industry that is changing the world. This role will drive revenue by selling events, branded/custom content programs, research, native advertising campaigns, and other impactful brand sponsorships.
The ideal individual is smart, collaborative, and assertive. You are a strategic thinker and your clients will rely on you for your smart solutions, creative ideas, and relentless attention to their needs. You are a quick study on clients' needs, and can develop and sell integrated marketing campaigns to accomplish goals ranging from awareness, to thought leadership and lead generation. In addition to your knowledge of advertising solutions, you have experience working directly with clients and agencies representing clients in life sciences, health care, professional services, and health tech. We are open to candidates based in the northeast.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, client businesses, industry trends, and target audiences
- Develop and execute a strategy to generate double-digit revenue growth in advertising revenue and event sponsorships
- Grow an existing book of business, and knows how to break into new targeted accounts that result in 6 figure marketing programs
- Sell event sponsorships, custom event programs, and STAT community programs
- Sell creative and innovative advertising solutions including: native/branded content solutions, native advertising, lead generation, podcasts, and research
- Sell custom content programs and STAT Brand Studio’s custom content offerings
- Lead the strategy when responding to RFPs or when proactively presenting ideas to clients
- Work with the marketing solutions team to develop integrated solutions necessary to win business
- Build and maintain relationships with key advertiser and agency contacts through a consultative sales process
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years B2B event sponsorship and digital advertising sales experience
- Experience selling custom content and integrated marketing programs
- Understanding of the health, medicine and life sciences industry, and emerging health tech
- Relationships in the industry and at relevant advertising and communications agencies
- Ability to develop, lead and communicate complex programs and proposals
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Highly self-motivated and effective time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding record of achievement and exceeding goals
- Understanding of how to leverage marketing automation/CRM to build and engage a pipeline
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
The minimum salary for this position is $85,000 plus commission. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, parental leave, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
While we’d prefer you to be based in Boston, we also are considering remote candidates who would be willing to spend time at HQ once Covid recedes. This position will start as a remote position, but, following the office’s 2022 reopening plan, will be located in the Boston headquarters.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism
This position is a union position covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Boston Newspaper Guild.
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.