Boston Globe Media is seeking a Consumer Analyst who will be an integral part of the Consumer Analytics team, which primarily focuses on The Boston Globe’s print and digital subscription business. The team is responsible for providing analysis and strategy recommendations to inform and measure business decisions that increase subscription volume and revenue.
This position will report to the Consumer Analytics Manager.
- Manage recurring reporting: Design and deliver weekly/monthly reports to key stakeholders to monitor the health of our subscription business.
- Answer ad hoc requests: Respond to ad hoc data requests from a wide variety of departments in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with various teams: Work closely with Marketing, Editorial, Customer Service and Finance to drive decisions that align with subscription goals.
- Contribute to strategy: Provide insight into subscription trends and marketing performance in order to drive strategic changes that increase subscription revenue.
- Support testing initiatives: Work with Marketing to design and track A/B and multivariate tests.
- Design & Implement Models: Work with members of the Analytics and Marketing teams to create models that help us better understand our subscribers and streamline our marketing campaigns.
The Analyst will preferably have 2+ years of experience but strong entry-level candidates and those with comparable course work considered. Solid knowledge of or desire to master various analytics tools and deliver data analysis is required.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Basic knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with Tableau, Python, or other programming languages is a plus.
- Strong interest in digital media or subscription businesses.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to adapt, be audience focused, and be committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.