- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Boston Globe Media is looking for a full time Video Producer to join our award winning video team. This person will be responsible for managing the production of short/long video stories on-location or in-house. The ideal candidate will be able to produce a wide range of videos from breaking news, enterprise, and feature stories. The job requires a self-starter who can manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced newsroom with tight deadlines. Top candidates for this position will have a background in video storytelling, demonstrate strong shooting and editing skills, and have experience with graphics. The producer may also be expected to help with production of podcasts, live events, and other new initiatives at the Globe that require multimedia expertise.
- Oversee all aspects of field and studio production, including shooting, editing, audio recording and lighting.
- Work closely with reporters and editors across the newsroom to identify and produce timely video pieces.
- Pitch, develop, research and write stories.
- Generate new content ideas – ranging from short breaking news clips to series and documentary ideas.
- Manage production for multiple ongoing projects.
- Partner with the audience engagement and social media team to produce innovative social and vertical video projects.
- Have 2-5 years experience producing videos, preferably in a daily news environment.
- A demonstrable ability to write, record, create, edit and produce multimedia features.
- Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines and in high-stress breaking news situations.
- Must be comfortable juggling multiple projects at any given time.
- High level of expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to Canon C100, C300 and various DSLR cameras.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong news judgment.
- BA degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed for news assignments.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with links to videos/portfolio that clearly outline their role in producing the video. Applicants that do not submit work samples will not be considered.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.