Associate Editor & Content Strategist
Studio/B, the branded content studio within Boston Globe Media, is looking for a skilled editor, storyteller, and wordsmith who is passionate about bringing powerful stories to life. Studio/B is an award-winning, full-service creative studio that works with brands and agencies to develop, create, and distribute meaningful content across a variety of multimedia platforms.
The Associate Editor & Content Strategist will act as a content expert and creative thinker, particularly as it relates to the exciting, growing verticals of science, technology, and finance. Collaborating with a talented and dynamic team of writers, designers, and sales professionals, they will play a critical role in bringing branded content projects to life from the ideation phase through creation, ensuring quality at each step.
You’re an ideal candidate if you’re an efficient yet thoughtful editor, problem-solver, and idea generator. You are an effective communicator and supportive team member who keeps cool under the pressures of a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Bonus points if you have worked in (or have an interest in) science, technology, and finance content.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of science, technology, and finance industries
- Pitch topics for sponsored content articles, videos, podcasts, and more
- Develop a roster of reliable freelance writers
- Assign and edit articles
- Assist with research and sourcing for content
- Craft and edit language for sales materials, webpages, social media, and more
- Collaborate with designers, videographers, and other creatives to continually improve Studio/B products
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- 1+ years professional editing / sponsored content experience
- Ability to translate client values and communication objectives into creative content
- Ability to write and edit engaging short- and long-form copy
- Understanding of compelling narratives
- Creative, detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks and team assignments
- Background in science, technology, and/or finance content
- Background in marketing copywriting
- Background in, or a passion for journalism
- Knowledge of AP style
- Strong written and oral communication skills
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.