Senior Events Manager
This is a role for someone confident in their overall events, logistics and experiential skills in a fast paced, diverse environment.
- Manage members of the Globe Events logistics team
- Manage events from pre-planning to on-site while responsible for staff members and their tasks
- Strategize with sponsors and clients to ensure the Globe Events team is activating events efficiently to fulfill sponsor/client goals
- Lead communications with sponsors/clients and manage project flow
- Track and budget expenses for all events - utilize this data to plan and forecast for future endeavors and initiatives
- Handle speaker communications alongside the events coordinator - including outreach, prep, and on-site management
- Contribute to planning and promotional marketing/strategy meetings by vocalizing ideas to improve existing and upcoming events
- Manage outside vendors alongside the events coordinator, creating and maintaining relationships with key groups, services, venues, etc.
- Oversee the creation of registration and other marketing material for events
- Have 5-7 years experience creating, planning and executing events
- Have knowledge of A/V capabilities needed when planning for hybrid, virtual, or in-person events
- Educated on event industry trends and familiar with a variety of industry verticals (including tech, healthcare, business, DEI, sustainability, etc)
- Able to select appropriate vendors and venues for events based on the wants of the sponsor and/or the needs or the initiative
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This position will be based in the BGMP office in Boston, MA.
We require that all BGM employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGM employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
At Boston Globe Media, our mission is to empower, connect, and convene our communities with independent, trusted journalism and storytelling. We know a critical part to achieve this is by having a workforce that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive - like the communities we serve. Boston Globe Media is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills.