STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At almost four years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing it’s national reputation.
We’re seeking a driven, dynamic, and results-oriented individual with an interest in digital marketing, project management, and data analytics to join our business team as a Marketing Coordinator. This entry-level position will report primarily to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and will provide support to the subscriptions sales, advertising, editorial and digital marketing teams.
A great marketing coordinator is someone who:
- Is creative, results-driven, and self-starting.
- Is organized and has a keen attention to detail.
- Loves the 30,000 foot view of a project and business as much as they love being in the weeds.
- Works well with a team, embraces opportunities to learn from colleagues, and doesn’t believe in saying “that’s not my job.”
- Thrives on managing projects from inception to completion.
- With the support of the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, your role will encompass the following:
- Project manage and execute cross-channel digital advertising campaigns. This includes copywriting, building email campaigns, setting up paid social media campaigns, launching on-site promotions, and working with partners to promote STAT initiatives.
- Work with the Ad Sales and Editorial teams to fill seats for online and in-person events, webinars and chats.
- Work with the Business and Subscriptions team to drive sales for STAT Plus subscriptions, event tickets, and new products.
- Work with the Ad Sales and Group Subscriptions teams to surface and nurture new prospects.
- Provide on-site event support for STAT Plus events and our annual STAT Summit.
- Build metrics reports for the Marketing, Sales & Product teams to help identify areas of opportunity and growth for the business, and to inform the development of successful marketing campaigns.
- Provide STAT Plus customer service support, and surface key feedback to the Editorial and Product teams.
- BA/BS degree required. Business or marketing degree preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of professional or internship experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to juggle multiple, evolving projects with competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, strong ability to manage and complete projects independently.
- Creative, detail oriented and organized, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new digital marketing platforms including but not limited to: Google Ad Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, MailChimp, Adobe Omniture, Wordpress and HubSpot.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Bonus Points if You…
- Are interested in and/or have a background in analytics.
- Have an interest in biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience with digital advertising, or digital media subscriptions, or both.
- Are excited by the prospect of helping grow a business exponentially — and of building the plane as it flies.
Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.