STAT - Marketing Designer
In November 2015, STAT was launched as a media company focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news source in the industry and our all-star team of journalists have won numerous awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. In addition to our website, we offer a mobile app, a suite of free and subscriber-only newsletters, live and virtual events, and more. STAT is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
STAT’s design team is growing and we’re seeking a creative and collaborative designer to lead the production of various marketing and advertising design assets for on and off platform discovery and growth. This position will report to the Director of Design and Visual Strategy and work directly with a variety of stakeholders across STAT’s marketing and advertising teams to execute best-in-class, high performing creative design assets across numerous products, offerings, events, and business lines. This individual should have experience designing creatives for many mediums including paid and organic social media, display advertising, email template optimization, business decks, event signage, and collateral/swag. This is a rich opportunity for an organized, ambitious, and solutions-oriented individual to take ownership of STAT’s marketing design efforts and help refine and define STAT’s presence across all marketing channels.
What You’ll Do
This individual will work directly with STAT’s Consumer Revenue, Events, and Advertising/Sponsorships teams to execute various creative design assets outlined below. All assets should adhere to STAT’s brand guidelines and be inline with the larger brand aesthetic.
- Develop a suite of assets for marketing STAT’s premium subscription, STAT+, along with various other initiatives and offerings, including ebooks, reports, podcasts, and newsletters
- Evolve our paid advertising campaigns and optimize them for each channel (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, SEM, Display) with the goal of increasing brand recognition, engagement, and conversions
- Reshape existing email templates to improve email marketing campaigns and strengthen STAT’s audience engagement with marketing programs
- Develop and/or license motion graphics including developing short videos and gifs. Sourcing images for many products.
- Develop and maintain all visual elements for STAT’s in-person and virtual events, including programs, signage, slides, social and email assets, and branded swag items
- Develop client wrap reports, allowing for sponsorship clients to understand at-a-glance the impact their sponsorship had on our event audience
- Develop, evolve, and test a suite of social assets and motion graphics for increased engagement on social media
- Develop suites of display ads for statnews.com and clients
- Create and maintain presentation deck templates, sell sheets, and rate cards, allowing for STAT’s client presentations and marketing collateral to showcase our impressive suite of product offerings and competitive edge
- Work closely with the Marketing Solutions team to build assets for STAT Brand Studio – STAT’s branded content arm that produces custom content for STAT’s advertising assets– which will include creating infographics/imagery/microsites
- Consult on and help with the creation of new advertising product designs
Who You Are
- 4+ years of visual design experience
- Strong use of typography, color and composition
- Experience creating basic animations and editing digital video
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Google Slides, and PowerPoint
- An understanding of UX design principles and their impact on marketing efforts
- An understanding of digital advertising and lead generation landscapes
- Ability to make design decisions grounded in metrics and business goals
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and receive constructive feedback
- Capable of managing multiple projects and timelines – for multiple stakeholders – in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working within Hubspot, Mailchimp, Wordpress, or similar ESPs and CMS systems
- We know that there are strong candidates who may not fit precisely into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
The minimum salary is $80,000 and we offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, parental leave, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
The STAT office is located in downtown Boston, nearby Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. We have colleagues in the organization that come into the office on a regular basis and colleagues that are based in various cities throughout the US. For this role, we will consider candidates who are based anywhere in the United States.
How to Apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume on the Boston Globe Media careers page.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
This position is a union position covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Boston Newspaper Guild.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalis
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.