Boston Globe Media Partners is looking for a Staff Accountant. In this role your responsibilities include grant accounting and reporting, reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedure.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual G/L close process
- Be the primary fiscal contact for grant and gift sponsorships well as internal beneficiaries; understand specific grant requirements; ensure compliance on contract conditions and assurances; ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Coordinate the budgeting process and detail for assigned grants and gift sponsorships.
- Ensure General Ledger properly reflects all financial transactions accurately and timely, and adheres to the monthly close schedule in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform P&L analysis for various income and expense accounts.
- Complete monthly journal entries such as cash transactions, prepaids, fixed asset depreciation, various accruals, debt and equity transactions, inter-company transactions and recording of certain expenses
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations. Reconciled monthly General Ledger, Balance Sheet and Bank reconciliations on a company-wide and departmental level.
- Maintain various quarterly and annual audit schedules
- Document accounting policies and procedures and assist with process improvements and system upgrades
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting major a plus)
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Strong PC skills including Excel spreadsheet skills
- Significant experience in preparing/analyzing financial statements and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Detail oriented, strong business acumen and analytical thinker
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.