User Interface (UI) Designer
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- Create the artifacts (mock ups, templates, icons, annotations, etc.) required to present, demonstrate, test and deliver digital products.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including business owners, other designers, content producers and developers to ensure designs are feasible, scalable and executed correctly.
- Support the delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Use and extend established UI techniques, guides, presentations, and assets in the creation of mockups, graphics, templates, and features.
- 1+ years experience
- Knowledge of best practices and standards used to create usable and accessible digital interfaces.
- Appreciation and understanding of grid systems, layout, typography, color and their effects on digital experiences.
- Effectively operates within an iterative team.
- Proficiency with visual design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, and Invision.
- Ability to support multiple projects
- General awareness of front technologies.
- Portfolio showcasing skills in designing user interactions/experiences
Bachelor's or equivalent project/training/work experience in area of design including one of the following; Arts, Graphic Design, User Interface Design, Digital Design.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.