Boston Globe Media is seeking an Analyst who will be an integral part of the Digital Analytics team, which primarily focuses on the Boston Globe and Boston.com digital properties. The team is responsible for providing analysis and strategy recommendations to inform and measure business decisions that increase digital subscription revenue and advertising revenue.
This position will report to the Manager of Digital Analytics.
- Manage recurring reporting: Design and deliver weekly/monthly reports – audience profiles, performance dashboards and provide guidance to aid decision making for functional teams (Marketing, Product, Sales, Editorial). Reporting includes web, mobile apps and competitive data.
- Answer ad hoc requests: Respond to ad hoc data requests including information on site and app traffic, readers’ online behavior, and site performance.
- Provide input on project KPIs: Determine the proper measures of success, and provide data readouts and recommendations on web projects.
- Collaborate with various teams: Work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales and Editorial to drive decisions that align with business goals while optimizing user experience by providing key audience insights.
- Contribute to strategy: Provide insight into audience behavior in order to drive site updates and initiatives that increase digital subscription revenue and/or advertising revenue.
- Support testing initiatives: Work with Marketing to design and track A/B and multivariate tests.
- Assist with tracking plans and QA: Work with members of the Analytics and Development teams to evaluate placement of tags on the websites/mobile apps and assist in QA. Ensure ongoing data quality and help identify and investigate any potential data issues.
The Analyst will have preferably 2+ years of experience but strong entry-level candidates and those with comparable course work considered. Solid knowledge of or desire to master web analytics tools and deliver data analysis is required.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, math, statistics, computer science or engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter
- Intellectual curiosity
- Fluency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with reporting/analytics tools, particularly Adobe Analytics, is strongly preferred; experience with Mobile Apps, Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, ComScore, or Tableau a plus
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.