Boston.com - Internship, Sports
- Boston, MA
- Student (College)
Boston.com is one of the most-read digital media outlets in the region. Each month, our stories reach millions of people, and we’re looking for college journalists to work with us in our downtown Boston office.
For 2022 we’re offering a part-time (15-20 hours weekly) sports internship from July through December. All of our interns/co-ops work on producing coverage in line with our site’s editorial mission: What Boston really cares about right now. This internship is based out of our downtown Boston office, while following the company hybrid remote work policy.
Qualified sports candidates are highly collaborative, creative, versatile thinkers who care about the topics and stories that our readers care about on any given day, whether Celtics injury news or a Bruins playoff game or Bill Belichick’s latest comments.
Responsibilities and requirements:
• Assist with numerous production responsibilities, including curating wire feeds, writing social media content, and researching and pitching story ideas.
• Write copy with a meticulous attention to detail, especially as it relates to sourcing and accuracy.
• Contribute original, useful ideas by crafting pitches aimed at the site’s mission, and accept assignments from editors with equal enthusiasm.
• Consistently execute on assignments through all aspects of the editorial process, simultaneously balancing numerous deadlines.
Desired skills and experience:
• College student studying journalism, English, or related major.
• Experience at a digital outlet strongly preferred.
• A progressive understanding of the ways that readers engage with content on social and mobile platforms.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.