Boston Globe Today - Production Assistant
Become the first production assistant of weekday, Boston Globe-branded show premiering on the NESN 360 app with subsequent airings on the NESN linear network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Help build weekly rundowns and holiday rundowns
• Operate teleprompter (in-studio or remotely)
• Gather and prepare show packet information daily for host
• Assist Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, Senior Producer and Producers as needed
• Assist with any/all daily production needs, eg. opening Zoom lines, assure camera position, lighting before start of interview
• Write headlines, intros or other stories when needed
• Assist producers with segments, including booking and gathering assets
• Help prepare segments/packages for delivery across all platforms as needed (linear, digital, social media)
• College Graduate with Newsroom Internship or Production Assistant Experience
• Strong News Writing Skills
• Able to work with people and collaborate
• Touch points to New England preferred
• Knowledge of ENPS will be vital to the role (can be trained)
• Excellent written, verbal communication organizational skills are required
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere, Media Encoder, and Photoshop
• Flexible approach to work and a disciplined ethic; weekend work, late nights or early mornings may be required occasionally
• Comfort multi-tasking across projects and strong communication skills. Success in the job will rely on the candidate's ability to keep multiple parties updated on progress across several things at one time
• Comfort working on deadline
• Experience creating promotional videos for social media
• Experience working at a news organization
The Boston Globe and NESN are proud to be diverse and inclusive employers. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.