Executive Assistant & Special Projects
Boston Globe Media is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the Editor in Chief and the Boston Globe newsroom staff. This person will be an integral member of the team and will be ensuring efficiency and organization in a busy newsroom environment.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, internal and external stakeholders, industry leaders, CEO, and Senior Leadership team
- Provide comprehensive calendar management to the Editor in Chief
- Coordinate all aspects of internal and external meetings for committees and Board of Director meetings, including scheduling, room bookings, catering, and communications
- Develop general communication and agendas, manage meeting set-up, take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Read, research and route correspondence, including emails and phone calls
- Manage travel arrangements for Editor in Chief as requested
- Manage expenses and budget tracking for Editor in Chief and newsroom department heads
- Manage memberships, dues, and subscriptions for newsroom organizations and Editor in Chief
- Work alongside Newsroom Finance & Operations Coordinator to maintain newsroom operations as it relates to Editor in Chief and department heads
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and operate with a high degree of discretion
- Coordinate projects and proactively identify areas of support and assistance
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of demonstrated functional Executive Assistant experience and desire to continue in a similar role
- Manage heavy calendars while prioritizing requests and responding in a timely manner
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and prioritizing with proven attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work proactively is essential
- Capacity to work with changing priorities and fast-paced environments
- Work autonomously and efficiently & effectively provide status reports
- Purchase items for office(s) as needed and coordinate delivery
- Media industry experience is a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with discretion and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle privileged or confidential information with discretion
- Resourcefulness and adaptability
- Comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and newsroom setting
- Excellent time management, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- High level of proficiency with Google Suite Products, WebEx, Slack, Teams and Zoom
This position has a hybrid working schedule: Mondays and Fridays are remote; Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are in the office but is subject to change at the company's discretion. The BGMP office is located in downtown Boston, near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. This position is based in Boston, and candidates should be based in the area or willing to move.
At Boston Globe Media, our mission is to empower, connect, and convene our communities with independent, trusted journalism and storytelling. We know a critical part to achieve this is by having a workforce that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive - like the communities we serve. Boston Globe Media is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills.