Boston.com - Internship, Real Estate
- Boston, MA
- Student (College)
Qualified candidates are highly collaborative student journalists who are interested in obtaining versatile experience at a digital media outlet. Our newsroom publishes fast, local, useful content for people who are primarily reading on their phones.
The Boston.com Real Estate intern will work approximately 20 hours weekly from July to December 2022.
Responsibilities and requirements include:
• Monitoring various sources of news and information, flagging updates and interesting listings, as well as pitching your own ideas to editors.
• Reporting and writing copy with a meticulous attention to detail, especially as it relates to sourcing and accuracy.
• Publishing content from freelancers and wire sources (Associated Press, New York Times News Service, etc.) inline with site standards.
• Helping to prepare engaging content using curated Boston Globe real estate content.
• Sharing your content across our various social media channels, tapping into the conversation of the day with pertinent copy and local knowledge.
Desired skills and experience include:
• College student studying journalism or a related major.
• Experience at a media outlet is strongly preferred.
• An enthusiasm for digital journalism and an eagerness to learn; on-the-job training and access to professional development opportunities are provided throughout the co-op program.
In your application please submit your resume, up to five writing samples, and any digital work that makes you proud (you can use the cover letter submission area). Note, we will be considering only students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.