Executive Director, Marketing
Boston Globe Media (BGM) is seeking an Executive Director to join our Marketing organization. In this newly created role, you will be a key member of the team serving as a primary liaison between the BGM Newsroom and Marketing Team. Your heart and talent exists at the intersection of journalism and marketing.
Specifically, you will steward and manage key marketing campaigns for specific editorial features to grow subscribers, brand equity and favorability. You will collaborate with your colleagues to create, orchestrate and implement cross-platform strategies utilizing BGM owned, earned media paid assets.
As BGM celebrates its 150th Anniversary, we will continue to deliver world-class journalism-through traditional and new media and channels to our loyal subscribers, while inviting new audiences to experience the same.
The position reports to, and partners with, the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Serve as key liaison between newsroom, branding, research, legal and communications to ensure cohesive collaboration, interpretation and on-time delivery of campaigns.
- Conduct meetings with internal and external stakeholder to communicate campaign objectives, timeline and desired outcomes and deliverables
- Create, track and report campaign progress briefs, budget and media strategy
- Represent BGM at designated industry events as a thought-leader panelist/speaker
- 8-10+ years’ experience in Journalism, Communication or Marketing
- Outstanding project management skills
- Experience in/knowledge of DEI and multicultural communications
- Understand omnichannel media landscape, particularly digital and social
- Experience in interpreting research and data to drive marketing campaigns
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional, matrix environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A very collaborative, curious and creative self-starter
- Highly organized, proactive and strategic, yet agile and attentive to detail
- Positive energy and pleasant (genuine!) demeanor
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA/MA in Marketing, Communications Journalism preferred)
- Highly proficient in Power Point, Word and Excel
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.