- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The DevOps Engineer at Boston Globe Media Partners will be focused on using modern technologies to implement DevOps best practices, consistently build systems and deploy code within our hybrid- and multi-cloud environment. You’ll be part of a production operations team responsible for the design, implementation and support of all infrastructure including network, security, servers and virtualization in hybrid cloud, datacenter and corporate settings; with exposure to many platforms.
- Team approach in working with systems, network, devops and software engineers
- You’ll advise with / lead the team on DevOps best practices
- Ongoing analysis of current DevOps tools, techniques and process
- Develop and maintain configuration management platform
- Deliver repeatable, consistent and quick system deployments
- Deliver repeatable, consistent and quick application deployments
- Develop consistent environments, Development-QA-Stage-Production
- 5+ years of progressive DevOps experience with demonstrated growth
- Expertise scripting in one or more of Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Very strong experience in Unix/Linux systems administration
- Expertise with configuration management tools
- Strong experience with Git and version control
- Strong experience in web server configuration
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with multiple AWS services, or equivalent; and cloud architecture
- CI/CD practices, tools and techniques
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring
- Experience with databases two or more MariaDB/Postgres/Mysql/Oracle etc
- Knowledge and understanding of all TCP/IP networking concepts
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Automate everything mentality
- Ability to adapt/prioritize and learn new technologies quickly
- Very strong written, communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in a 24x7 mission critical environment
This job will require in-office visits, when the offices are re-open. Please answer the question below relevant to your ability to be in the Boston area.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.