Boston.com - Audience Engagement Editor
The Engagement Editor will focus on fostering reader loyalty, engagement, and affinity across Boston.com, one of the most-visited digital media outlets in the region.
This editor will identify the highest impact stories we're working on, then collaborate with our journalists to create multiplatform content that connects with our audiences.
Strategy and entrepreneurial skills are essential for success, and this role requires daily experimentation in order to achieve results.
- Newsletters: Grow and manage the Boston.com newsletter operation by increasing send volume and efficacy, expanding with new products, and improving how we serve our readers.
- Social Media: Grow and manage the Boston.com social media operation by creating native content, including short-form video, for social media channels.
- SEO: Contribute to growth of Boston.com's impressions and CTR on Google, turning insights into published stories.
- Aid in the strategy and enhancement of other relevant channels, including alerts, app, commenting; and tactics, including reader-engagement contests and cross-posting between BGMP properties (The Boston Globe, Love Letters, and The B-Side).
- At least 5 years experience covering local news as a reporter and editor.
- At least 2 years management experience, including directing beat coverage and overseeing reporters.
- Proven experience managing diverse digital teams to successful results.
- Comfortable with change and working within a dynamic team environment
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
The BGMP office is located in downtown Boston, near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. This position is based in Boston, and candidates should be based in the area or willing to move.
At Boston Globe Media, our mission is to empower, connect, and convene our communities with independent, trusted journalism and storytelling. We know a critical part to achieve this is by having a workforce that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive - like the communities we serve. Boston Globe Media is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills.