Media Planning & Pricing Specialist
The Media Planning & Pricing Specialist is responsible for the oversight and management of the financial and pricing strategy for the advertising department. Broadly speaking, the Media Operations Specialist is responsible for rate card integrity, pricing and packaging of all of BGMP’s products and services. The Media Operations Specialist is the main driver of the media plan process, and the liaison between finance and the advertising team throughout the sales process to ensure that media plans are accurately built, sold, recognized and billed.
- Work with the Director of Digital Revenue Operations to develop pricing and digital product strategies to support advertising revenue driving initiatives
- Provide insights to the Rev Ops team to drive updates to the BGMP rate card for all print, digital, Studio/B and events products
- Drive the media plan process with a focus on pricing and package development for client proposals
- Interface with Campaign Managers and Account Managers to insure that proposals, order entry and IO development are accurate
- Interface with Finance to insure that revenue recognition and billing is aligned and accurate for all digital campaigns
- Proactive development of sales packages for the advertising team
- 2-4 years in media planning or revenue operations experience
- Experience with communicating across internal company stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with experience in media pricing strategies and tactics
- Experience with ad technologies and digital advertising products
- Experience with financial reporting, order management systems and CRM systems
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must
- A record of developing highly effective media plans for high value customers
- Has a willingness to adapt, be audience focused with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.