Financial Analyst II, FP&A
The Financial Analyst II – Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will provide a primary role in leading reporting and planning efforts across the company’s business units, with a focus on gathering and reconciling large sets of data from multiple systems, analyzing trends, and guiding business decisions. This will be a highly visible role within the organization that will have responsibility for developing ad hoc analyses and supporting budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning that is led by the FP&A team. As this team member will be instrumental in driving accountability, strong intellectual curiosity and an ability to understand the big picture, while remaining focused on the details, will be key attributes of a successful candidate.
This position is located in the Boston headquarters and reports directly to the Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Serve as the primary analytical resource and business partner for a variety of financial analyses.
- Contribute to the annual budget process, alongside other team members and stakeholders across the organization.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, annual, and multi-year financial forecasts, typically working with the broader organization to understand and test key forecast assumptions and run alternate scenarios.
- Prepare and evolve, as appropriate, templates and presentations for weekly, monthly, and annual reporting and forecasting.
- Investigate and analyze variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned functional areas.
- Collaborate with the accounting/GL team to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams across the organization to support forecasting and the evaluation of strategic business decisions.
- Work closely with business, finance, and IT teams to automate data preparation and reporting, from conceptualization to implementation.
- Continuously improve and develop new reporting systems and processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- Finance experience of 1-3 years, with advanced knowledge of Excel and other analytical software.
- Demonstrated success related to financial reporting, budgeting, resource allocation processes, and long-term strategic planning.
- Strong organization and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to see projects to completion and ensure accuracy and precision.
- High motivation with strong communication skills. A track-record of thriving in an agile, entrepreneurial environment is also important.
- Familiarity with Adaptive Insights for forecasting/budgeting and NetSuite financials is a plus
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.