Strategic Sales Planner
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Boston Globe Media (BGM) is seeking a strategic and creative Strategic Sales Planner to join our growing Integrated Marketing team. The position reports directly into the VP of Integrated Marketing. The Strategic Sales Planner is responsible for leading the development of strategic multimedia solutions that leverage BGM’s full suite of media products & capabilities, including: The Boston Globe, Boston.com, Studio/B (branded content), Globe Events/Experiences and BGM First Party Data solutions, among others. The Strategic Sales Planner plays a critical role in generating revenue for BGM advertising solutions through highly strategic, creative and meaningful integrated media solutions that inspire brands and agencies to partner with us.
- Play an active role in positioning BGM advertising products [to potential advertisers] as modern, creative, innovative and meaningful solutions that address business challenges
- Oversee & orchestrate the end-to-end process of fulfilling, strategic request for proposals (RFPs) from our advertising partners, including the following functions:
- Understanding client requests & corresponding deliverables needed in order to fulfill incoming RFPs (i.e. budget, timing, goals/objectives, media type requested, proposal format requested etc.)
- As needed, coordinating internal kick off calls with the appropriate subject matter experts from the various BGM service lines (i.e. Studio/B, Globe Events, Newsroom Initiatives erc.), to assign responsibilities accordingly
- Creation of visually appealing pitch presentations that tell cohesive, strategic stories and seamlessly integrates BGM ad solutions as an important part of our clients business needs
- Partner with BGM service line Directors to help develop compelling sales marketing collateral for key initiatives and products, including but not limited to:
- Newsroom Initiatives (partner = GM of Newsroom Initiatives)
- Studio/B Branded Content (partner = Head Of Studio/B content studio)
- Globe Events (partner = Director of Events)
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with work or internship experience in digital advertising or a related field
- 3+ years in media and advertising with a strong understanding of integrated campaigns
- A deep interest in evolving media space and eagerness to develop innovative solutions
- Ability to build creative and strategic presentations that inspire prospective clients to take action
- Strong organizational, communication and office skills with a track record on being effective and productive
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google docs. Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.