Boston Globe Media is looking for a full time Multimedia Producer. This person will be responsible for managing the production of short/long video stories. The ideal candidate will be able to produce a wide range of videos including breaking news, enterprise, and feature stories.
Top candidates for this position will have a background in video storytelling, and demonstrate strong shooting and editing skills. The producer would also be expected to help in the production of podcasts, live events, and other new initiatives at the Globe that require multimedia expertise.
- Oversee all aspects of field and studio production, including shooting, editing, audio recording, and lighting.
- Work closely with the senior video producers, reporters and editors across the newsroom to identify and produce timely video pieces.
- Pitch, develop, research, and write stories.
- Generate new content ideas ranging from short breaking news clips to series and documentary ideas.
- Manage production for multiple ongoing projects.
- 4+ years of experience producing videos in a daily news environment.
- A demonstrable ability to write, record, create, edit, and produce multimedia features.
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in high-stress breaking news situations.
- A high level of expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to Canon C100, C300, and various DSLR cameras.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong news judgment.
- BA degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to work late hours and weekends.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with links to videos/portfolio that clearly outline their role in the production of the video. Applicants that do not submit work samples will not be considered.
This position is a union position covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Boston Newspaper Guild
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.