Are you endlessly fascinated by the advertising and new media worlds? Do you believe in the power of local journalism, and want your work to contribute to its success? Do you have a passion for tapping into media platforms to help solve business problems for some of the world’s most respected brands and organizations? Boston Globe Media (BGM) - one of the largest and most award-winning news organizations in the country - is looking for a Media Planner to join our team of talented, creative and innovative media professionals.
The Media Planner is responsible for the oversight and management of the strategic media planning in the advertising department. Broadly speaking, this role is the main driver of the media planning process, ensuring delivery of best-in-class advertising solutions for our impressive portfolio of clients. This position reports directly to the VP of Advertising Operations.
- Drive the media planning process with a focus on pricing and package development that fulfill client RFP (request for proposal) needs
- Partner with the various departments within BGM (i.e. Globe Events, Studio/B Branded Content, Newsroom Initiatives etc.) to develop strategic and integrated media solutions
- Help maintain rate card integrity in our media plans, while offering maximum value for our clients
- Proactive development of sales packages for new programs/products/initiatives that the BGM sales team can leverage to prospect new business
- Interface with BGM Campaign Managers and Account Managers to ensure that proposals, order entry and insertion order/IO development are accurate
- Work with the Director of Digital Revenue Operations to develop pricing and digital product strategies to support advertising revenue driving initiatives
- Provide insights to the Rev Ops team to drive updates to the BGMP rate card for all print, digital, Studio/B and events products
- Interface with Finance to ensure that revenue recognition and billing is aligned and accurate for all digital campaigns
- 2-4 years in an integrated media planning experience in an agency or media publisher setting
- Experience with communicating across internal company stakeholders
- Highly strategic thinker with experience in media pricing strategies and tactics
- Experience with ad technologies and digital advertising products
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Experience with financial reporting, order management systems and CRM systems a plus
- Has a willingness to adapt, be audience focused with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
This position is hybrid (3 days in an office)
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.