Position is for a senior electronics technician at our production facility located in Taunton, MA.
Candidate should have basic troubleshooting skills and electronic/software knowledge of control
systems and manufacturing equipment. Should also have experience with desktop customer
service (Printers, basic networking, OS and business applications)
- Perform troubleshooting on computer control systems of specialized plant equipment.
- Maintain equipment and systems through preventative maintenance to minimize downtime and maximize life
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Provide support to end users for PC, Mac, server, or Citrix applications and hardware
- Software patching, parts replacement, installs, upgrades, re-imaging, printer and help desk support
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- 2 year minimum technical/electronics experience or technical training required
- Advanced computer skills - should be comfortable working with multiple operating systems and platforms
- Ability to install and troubleshoot control circuits and communication systems
- Customer service centric
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.