The Campaign Manager is the primary overseer of the post-sale fulfillment process for online advertising sales. Broadly speaking, they protect the revenue generated by our sales team and encourage repeat business by providing a positive campaign experience for our clients. The Campaign Manager coordinates the creative, trafficking, reporting, and billing needs for the client. This position requires excellent organizational skills along with the ability to manage critical follow-up on a wide variety of issues.
The candidate must be a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual able to work effectively within a team environment. They must possess the ability to manage significant volumes of digital campaign details and issues while remaining organized and highly responsive to internal and external client needs. Ad Operations interfaces daily with Sales, Sales Development, clients and creative services; candidates must possess excellent communication skills as well as familiarity with the technical aspects of online advertising:
- Ensure the accuracy of advertising contracts that bridge from our sales team to our order management system and ad calendars.
- Manage receipt, testing, and any required technical adjustment of creative in time for campaign launch.
- Trafficking and optimization of all digital campaign line items.
- Monitor campaign pacing and performance daily to identify and address campaigns in need of optimization as well as delivery anomalies.
- Identify placements in need of reallocation and address requested reallocations and makegoods.
- Monitor 3rd party delivery at time of launch and throughout the life of the campaign. Upload delivery when required. Identify and investigate 3rd party discrepancies as necessary.
- Implement a high volume of campaigns in a timely and accurate manner in our ad serving systems.
- Remotely monitor high impact campaign launches and troubleshoot site-impacting campaign issues during off-hours when necessary.
- Gather and report on advanced campaign metrics where applicable.
- Investigate and address billing issues and disputes.
- Contribute to category and departmental goals and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years of online media and/or advertising experience.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to adhere to speed, accuracy, and responsiveness thresholds.
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities, duties and projects in a fast paced environment.
- Experience using ad servers such as Google Ad Manager and Live Intent is a plus.
- Experience with third party ad servers like DCM.
- Experience trafficking rich media, mobile, and pre-roll is a plus.
- Experience with order management systems and Salesforce
- Demonstrable record of professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with cross channel media planning is a plus
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.