Assistant Arts Editor Living/Arts
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The Boston Globe is seeking a creative, energetic assistant arts editor with a passion for and knowledge of New England’s arts and culture scene. You will oversee coverage that might include visual arts, classical music, and architecture criticism, as well as enterprise features, and breaking news, working with the Globe’s talented staff of critics and reporters to produce stories that inform, entertain, and engage our readers.
- Closely following Boston’s arts scene, seeking out scoops and fresh story ideas
- Shaping, polishing, and querying as needed to produce copy that sparkles
- Assigning photos and working with the art department on design and illustration concepts
- Writing headlines for print and digital that capture the widest readership possible
- Contributing creative ideas for digital story treatments, new story formats, annual special sections, social media strategy, newsletters, and more
- At least three years of post-college editing experience at a professionally produced publication
- The editing chops to guide, shape, and polish stories to meet Globe standards
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities on tight deadlines
- A sense for the stories and angles that will grab readers and drive engagement
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.