Programmatic Yield Specialist
Boston Globe Media is seeking an intellectually curious individual who is eager to run programmatic strategy and optimizations for our advertising business. The Programmatic Yield Specialist will serve the Revenue organization by being accountable for programmatic yield optimizations, vendor analysis, and overall industry intelligence. They will partner with internal stakeholders to provide data-driven recommendations to support key business decisions regarding the future of our programmatic business.
- Oversee programmatic performance and management across omnichannel environments, providing key programmatic insights for Revenue Operations leadership
- Manage reporting, analyzing, and assessing overall programmatic performance and trends as well as partner management
- Produce programmatic analyses to support growth across all programmatic sales channels, convey partnership performance, and provide actionable insights for Sales and revenue teams
- Project manage data and engineering updates required to maintain a modern programmatic instance
- Use and maintain deep knowledge of the programmatic landscape and programmatic partners to be proficient on innovative technologies, keeping up to date with the latest industry trends
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop product enhancements to improve programmatic site yield
- Partner with sales team to act as a programmatic subject matter expert for PMP sales and agency conversations
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- ~4 years of professional experience in the programmatic space, yield management experience is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of the steps from buy-side/DSP to ad server decisioning, and factors in between that impact this flow
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize large data sets
- Keen interpersonal skills needed to collaborate with internal stakeholders are a must
- Proficiency in complexities of digital advertising marketplace, especially as it pertains to programmatic channels
- Experience with Excel and business intelligence tools (STAQ, Tableau, etc.)
- Deep familiarity with ad-serving platforms (Google Ad Manager, LiveIntent, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to translate quantitative details into clear, succinct summaries and recommendations for peers, sales, and executive audiences
- Self-driven with ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a deadline-oriented environment
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.