Customer Service Advocate- Full Time
The Boston Globe is looking for a talented individual to join our new and exciting Customer Success Team. As a member of this team, you will play a crucial role in continuing to deliver a Best-In-Class experience to our Boston Globe customer population. We encourage quick thinkers, good communicators, and individuals who are willing to learn as part of this dynamic team to apply. The ideal candidate for these roles will have a passion and commitment to being courteous as well as a strong work ethic.
This team operates within the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday thru Friday and 8 am to 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
We are currently seeking the following shifts: M-F 5 days 8:30 and 5:00. In accordance to company policy we will be returning to the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays starting May 3rd 2022. All other days are remote.
- Effectively communicate with customers via telephone (inbound and outbound) and email
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our products (The Boston Globe, BostonGlobe.com, and Boston.com)
- Be able to retain customers with ongoing delivery issues and/or customers coming off a promotional rate
- Coordinate with internal resources to troubleshoot and solve customer issues
- Provide accurate and timely information to our customers
- Make use of internal tools for documenting customer interactions and feedback
- Actively participate in ongoing team and individual training
- Regularly contribute to process improvements
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience with the following support channels: telephone, email, or chat (telephone is a must)
- Warm, positive, and helpful demeanor with customers
- Excellent listening skills to efficiently solve problems during first contact or follow-up until the issue is resolved
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (Quick Thinker)
- Strong computer skills: web, email, data entry, and Google Drive programs (Gmail, Docs, Sheets), knowledge of ZenDesk a plus
- Above average written communication skills; specifically for email
- High school diploma
- Associate's Degree or college-level coursework a big plus
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.