Become the first Multimedia Journalist for a weekday, Boston Globe-branded show premiering on the NESN 360 app with subsequent airings on the NESN linear network. You will work closely with the Executive Producer to prepare packages for the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce packages to run in the show as assigned by the Executive Producer.
• Interview people and pull best soundbites for packages.
• Operate camera, along with field lighting and audio.
• Edit packages from start to finish.
• Shoot/edit b-roll and sound for show.
• Oversee and assume responsibility for aired packages every week.
• Schedule and execute field shoots for future packages.
• Create a list and help source assets. (with support from the researcher/coordinator)
• Cultivate relationships with host/reporters/editors in the newsroom to participate in packages.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years content producer / multimedia journalist experience (news preferable).
• Able to work with people and collaborate.
• Knowledge of ENPS will be vital to the role (can be trained).
• Excellent written, verbal communication organizational skills are required.
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere, Media Encoder, and Photoshop.
• Attention to detail as well as general understanding of post production and social media delivery best practices.
• Flexible approach to work and a disciplined ethic; weekend work, late nights or early mornings may be required occasionally.
• Comfort multi-tasking across projects and strong communication skills. Success in the job will rely on the candidate's ability to keep multiple parties updated on progress across several things at one time.
• Comfort working on deadline.
• Experience creating promotional videos for social media.
• Experience working at a news organization.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.