Video & Photo Creator
Studio/B, the branded content studio within Boston Globe Media (BGM), is seeking a Video & Photo Creator for our creative advertising studio. Studio/B is an award-winning, full-service creative studio that works with brands and agencies to develop, create, and distribute meaningful content across a variety of multimedia platforms.
The Video & Photo Creator is responsible for video and photography assets for sponsored content throughout Boston Globe Media. In this role you will manage and create video projects from concept development to post-production and delivery. The ideal candidate is capable of performing all tasks related to video and photography creation, from conception, scriptwriting, budget management, shooting film/video, lighting, sound recording and editing.. They have experience with film/video and still cameras, as well as editing software such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro and or Avid Media Composer.
- Produce high-end client sponsored video materials from conceptualization to final edit. This includes coordinating, shooting, directing, and editing of assigned video series and projects.
- Operate video and photo cameras.
- Audio Recording
- Lighting setup
- Oversee a hired crew of cinematographers, grips and field audio recordists.
- Hire and guide assistants, freelancers, illustrators, colorists etc.
- Edit video footage with a software such as a NLE system (Adobe Premiere)
- Script, storyboard and scout locations for videos and still shoots
- Ideate solutions on how to best execute complex assignments
- Present shooting boards/production logistics to clients
- Budget for production costs and travel with the Director and Lead Creative Producer of Studio/B
- Compile, compress and edit footage
- Post and track viewer engagement through social channels
- Produce marketing and sales materials
- Film and Photograph live and virtual events
- Team player and the ability to self-start and work independently
- Detail oriented with a keen eye for quality
- Excellent shooting and editing skills
- Ability to manage expectations for timely completion and delivery of projects
- Strong interest and love for film and visual media.
- Work with a creative team of writers and designers to achieve the best video deliverables
- Research and implement new equipment and filming techniques
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.