Quality Assurance Engineer
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Boston Globe Media Partners
- Mid Level
Boston Globe Media is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to work with a talented team of Developers, Product Managers, QA Engineers, and Project Managers to develop and maintain new initiatives for the Boston Globe Media. The focus will be on our Consumer Revenue initiatives and e-commerce platforms. This person should be a self-starter, curious to understand the business but with the ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Act as the primary tester for the Consumer Revenue team, including the BostonGlobe.com meter/paywall, e-commerce, and analytics
- Gain a solid understanding of the team’s roadmap(s) and reasoning behind priorities
- Review business requirements and acceptance criteria and turn them into test plans and test cases
- Execute tests in the context of sprints, including accurately story pointing QA effort.
- Gain working knowledge of how the business works and the processes involved with running it.
- Learn, at a detailed level, the user experience and backend processes for which the team is responsible.
- Perform quality testing in a timely fashion
- Provide clear and concise feedback
- 2-3 years experience testing websites,
- Experience QAing e-commerce platforms
- Experience with the agile development process
- Experience with testing systems on different platforms and operating systems
- Ability to write clean concise test plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to work in a timeline driven environment and adapt to various depths of QA depending on timing
- Ability to prioritize and pivot focus based on business needs and severity of issue
- Willingness to adapt, be audience focused with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
Knowledge/experience working with media companies
Knowledge/experience with automation testing
*The job is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will be based out of Boston with a requirement to be in the office when they re-open (occasional work from home permitted).
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.