Weekend Sports Producer (freelance), Boston.com
Boston.com is seeking a Weekend Sports Producer who will help to drive coverage in line with our core editorial mission: What Boston really cares about right now.
The producer will work from 7-3 p.m. every Friday and Saturday during Patriots season, and there also is a chance to contribute to other major events and/or fill in as needed. This is a freelance, work-remote position.
• Monitor what’s happening in Boston sports and write stories or repackage wire content around the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics, as well as major national sports stories.
• Manage platforms such as the homepage, push alerts, newsletters, and social media.
• Edit work from staff writers and other producers.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
• 2 years spent writing and/or editing, preferably focused on the Boston region.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.